Sunday, August 9, 2009


Today we took the kids to the "squirt" park. A park that is about 30 minutes away that has a section with lots of water features and fun fountains that kids can joyfully play in. While there, we heard the music and then saw an ice cream truck go bye on the major road. I started waving my arms widely for the driver to come to the park. My husband called me a major dork. Most likely the driver was on his way to the park anyway on his mission for ice cream sales. Besides, I hadn't gotten treats from an ice cream truck since I was a kid and my kids have never experienced this before. As soon as the ice cream truck approached us I cringed at the driver. Nasty looking guy and probably a pedophile. We enjoyed our treats, but now I need to have a talk with the kids and explain they are never to go by an ice cream truck without my husband or I with them and to never except treats from men in trucks unless we are with them. I also need to tell them never to flag down trucks like mommy did today!

No comments:

Post a Comment