Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dancing Mommy


My daughter L's dance recital was this past weekend. She was in two dances, ballet & jazz. Of course she did awesome and of course I thought her dances were the best in the show. I perfomed too. About 15 moms and I willingly signed up to perform in a "mom's dance." We practiced about 5 or 6 times and did Beyonce's Single Ladies- minus the leotards from the popular music video. I didn't tell any of the other moms that I had danced through my childhood, majored in dance in college, and used to own my own dance studio prior to kids. I just let everyone think I was really good. We got to pick what line we wanted to be in on stage. I picked front & center. If I was going to do this, I wanted everyone's eyes on me. I don't get this much attention anymore, ya know. Everyone did a great job and the audience loved it. All the moms knew all the steps, but I performed my heart out. I loved all the little comments I got from people that saw the show. I liked showing I had a buried talent, besides my mothering talent. I think I even turned my husband on for moment too!

No comments:

Post a Comment